Sunday, August 12, 2012

After several starts...

It took several starts to even get out of Chicago but I am in Rabat at last. Worth it all!

But the crisis started when there was a rainstorm in New York and that backed up JFK so they cancelled the Delta flight. They rebooked me on a flight arriving at JFK on the 11th and my flight to Casablanca left on the 10th. At least that is the how the Traveloctiy rep explained it to me. At length. I undertook the problem. Now I needed a solution. They found one from Chicago to Paris to Casablanca. Al I had to do was go home for overnight and start again the next day.  Bummer. Big  bummer. I mean Bob and I had already kissed goodby! For real. He came back. We had leftovers and watched Downton Abbey and went at it again on the 11th. With final success and a love 3 hour nap on the floor of the airport in Paris. Practically a tradition since the terminal is all glass, loaded with sunlight and stuffy. It was a mass occupation of an airport by the sleep deprived from several countries.

Now I am landed and bathed and had the best meal in the universe. No idea what it was. But it was great.

Casablanca  and Rabat are both on the ocean and drive up was lovely. It has not rained here for 5 months and the grain is stubble and the livestock rail thin. Our home base is I what was once the embassy homes area of Rabat. What you would expect a Moroccan home to be - open and breezy and comfortable. The are 10 volunteers he now and their names are a total blur. Most American but so widely traveled for 20 somethings! All fun.

Complete sentences are getting harder to form so I am passing up the closing ceremonies of the Olympics and the Night Market trip and headed for bed. New time zone. New country. New adventure begins. At last!

No comments:

Post a Comment