Thursday, August 16, 2012

Family plans

Day 2 of  teaching was much more focused and purposeful - dare I hope more productive. I started with my family and pictures of all the children and grandhchildren. We talked about son, daughters, parents and grandchildren by putting sticky notes on the right pictures. I spent all day looking at my adorable children and grandchildren. And Bob. They always learn that word first and I 'm sure it helps them for life. Then they drew their own family trees and explained them in English. I was surprised out of  21 late teens all had both parents living and everyone had 1-3 siblings. Tomorrow siblings, uncles and aunts, the on to houses. We acquired some local magazines and I have a picutre of the Disneyworld Castle so that should cover it.

We were in the kitchen today - cute room. Maybe we have one at home....anyway we did chicken tamarind and tea. It explains why everything tastes so good. Fresh, fresh, fresh! Chopped and cooked within 24 hours of being In the field. Or close.

The tea is just green Chinese tea but the preparation is far from Lipton.
Boil tea leaves
Pour out water without swishing pots wish pot
Pour out second glass
Pour first glass back in
Throw second glass away
Tear fresh mint and press into pot with 3 sticks of sugar
Add cold water to fill pot
Boil
Serve

3 comments:

  1. I love tea as much as the next guy (even brew only loose leaf tea), but that seems like a lot of work. We're going to expect you to serve up some of that chicken when you get home, little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a right affable bunch of kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily I have step by step pictures.

    ReplyDelete