Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rabat, Morocco, awaits!

Capital city on the coast, the temperatures there are actually cooler than Chicago has been. I depart next Friday, August 10, and land early on the 11th.
I just recieved my teaching assignment - conversational English to teenagers. It is a new location for CCS volunteers so we won't suffer by comparison, but no one has any real idea what the classroom is like or who the kids are. They are described as "entry to mid level English speakers" who want to know about foreign culture and life. Sounds like fun although the thought of teens is a little intimidating. I wonder if they will be all female or all male. After 3 weeks of crafts in Russia via translator last year, I am glad to be talking again!

My teaching partner is from Liverpool, UK, so she can cover the Olympics!

In my other trips, I have asked "What do you know about Chicago"?
     China - Michael Jordan
     South Africa - Barak obama
     India - I know someone who lives there. How close is Kansas City?
     Russia - Gangsta - complete with imitaton Tommy gun noises
We'll see what the Morrocans think!

Very soon now.....

2 comments:

  1. I spent two nights in Rabat! I liked it a lot. Not sure how long you're going to be there but if you can make it to chefchaouen, it's definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip is part of my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete